One of Australia's original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 83,000 students, including more than 12,000 at postgraduate level.
- 5-Star QS ranking for excellence in higher education
- 13th highest ranked university in Australia and 252nd in the world. (2016 - 17 World University Rankings)
- 8th in Australia for employer reputation and 109th in the world
- 16th in the world among universities less than 50 years old (2016 - 17 QS Top 50 Under 50 index)
- 16th in the world for Art and Design and the highest ranked in Australia*
- 36th in the world for Architecture and Built Environment and the fourth highest in Australia*
- Among the world’s top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural, Electrical and Electronic, and Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing), Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies*
- Among the world's top 150 universities in Computer Science and Information Systems; Education; Geography; and Communication and Media Studies*
*2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
RMIT has been in partnership with SIM since 1987, with over 30,000 SIM-RMIT graduates.
RMIT’s Bachelor programmes at SIM GE include Communication, Business & Management studies, and speciality programmes.